Welcome to Australian Wildlife
Information on a range of topics relating to Australian wildlife
- Kookaburra (genus Dacelo)
- Emu (Dromaius novaehollandiae)
- Wombat (family Vombatidae)
- Koala (Phascolarctos cinereus)
- Echidna (Tachyglossidae, monotreme)
- Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus)
- Phylum Chordata, Diprotodontia, Phalangeriformes
- Saltwater crocodile (Crocodylus porosus)
- Frilled-neck lizard - (Chlamydosaurus kingii)
Australia boasts a range of unique and diverse animals. Kangaroos, koalas and platypuses/platypi often provoke a sense of wonder from those unfamiliar with them.
While rare and exotic species are interesting, the details of the lives of common and easily accessible animals are equally fascinating.
Both the rare and the common are worthy of attention.
By using the menu above you will find information on a range of topics relating to Australian wildlife.